Thursday, May 22, 2014

Twenty-nine Pines

I started my journey mid-morning because my plans were to travel only 20 miles or so to the Twenty Nine Pines campground. At the 15 mile mark, I was pleased to find that the Teanaway Outpost (formerly Teanaway Mercantile) was open;
it’s been closed for over a year but has reopened with new owners. After a short refreshment break, I was on my way and soon passed over the Teanaway River.
Mt Stuart came into view and,
even though I would end up several miles closer, this was the best shot that I could get. The six miles between the Outpost and the campground is generally an upgrade. It’s not particularly steep, just continuous; I could definitely feel my 50 pound trailer! Arriving at the campground, I pretty much had my pick of sites—a far cry from what the situation will be this weekend!
Although I was in the area where the Teanaway wolf pack is located, I didn’t hear any howling overnight; this was the only wild mammal I saw.
On the way back I stopped by the North Fork of the Teanaway for this picture.
I faced a mild head wind on the way back, however, I didn’t have the long upgrade I had to contend with on the way out so the trip back was much easier. I returned home to a freshly baked rhubarb cake as a reward for my 45 mile journey!

5 comments:

Just Frances said...

Excellent! Glad to hear the journey went well - and pleased to see Retro-Cycler getting some action, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great post...loved the last picture of the Trike by the river...you need to carry a light tripod so you can get yourself in the shot!

Roy said...

LOL, Universe's Child--my old, ugly countenance would only detract from the serenity of the picture!

Unknown said...

Nice trip Roy!So glad to read you didn't meet up with wolf pack or those weekender's!

Pooka said...

Thanks for taking us along. Those are some great shots!