Thursday, July 14, 2011

The road less traveled


I took a different road today; actually, not totally different, just a different direction.  I normally ride up to Upper Peoh Point Road and follow it to Watson’s Cutoff.  I can then go flying downhill for about a mile and a half, reaching speeds of up to 30 mph until I connect with Lower Peoh Point Road.  I reversed direction today, riding out Lower Peoh Point Road and up Watson’s Cutoff instead of down; I sometimes reached a blazing speed of 8 mph but, generally, I plodded uphill at 3 to 4 mph.  The sights are much better at the slower speeds as you are able to look around and enjoy the view instead of concentrating on staying on the road and being vigilant for squirrels that may try to cross in front of you.  I guess the saying of ‘take time to smell the roses’ would translate to biking as ‘slow down and enjoy the view.’

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks