Thursday, October 6, 2011

Color me...

autumn!  We’ve had a few cool nights this week (no frost, yet) and it’s been just enough for some of the trees to begin changing into their colorful garb.  I headed out late this morning with the temperature in the low 50s, sunshine and a stiff 10 - 15mph wind.  I eased through town and as I headed toward the Yakima River I saw the first tint of what was to come. 


I continued on, over the river and out Westside Road; the colors contrasted very nicely with the solidity of a rock retaining wall.


As I headed out the South Cle Elum Ridge Road, I was confronted with a myriad of colors around every curve. 


The colored leaves offset the imposing mass of my wife's favorite--Mount Peoh.


There are more views down this road but they'll have to wait for another day.


The return ride put a different perspective on the scenes I photographed on the way up.




A pleasant,yet invigorating, autumn ride.

1 comment:

Tony and Pam Teunissen said...

I enjoy reading your blog. We have family in WA. Enjoyed the fall pics.